Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 5, 6, and 7

Day 5

Consisted of me going to The Vietnamese American Young Leaders Association of New Orleans (VAYLA-NO), documenting there kick back night. When I got there the girls where learning women studies and boys were either on the internet and playing video games. I kind of wish that I had this when I was growing up in the suburbs of Minneapolis

Day 6

waking up really early! got to the Vietnamese market at about 615am and photographed the community as it gathers to buy produce and vegetables from there neighbors small gardens. Even thought not that many elders wanted there photos taken, I have some nice shots from it, as well as enjoying the atmosphere.
Getting back to the hotel at around 830am ate breakfast and waited for people to wake up so we could head out to Bay of St. Louis.
Bay of St. Louis was fun and exciting. Swimming in the Gulf was amazing, but I should've put on sun screen before getting into the water. Lets just say my back and shoulders are burning as I am writing this blog.
After a long day, coming back to the hotel and resting for a bit was nice, then Nick, Micah, Ryan Dyer and I went out to the French Quarter to check out a Jazz band, but that was bunk and not even cool! the JAZZ BAND turned Micah away so no go! so I headed back to the hotel room to chill out for the night.

Day 7

Woke up at about 630am and got ready for Mass at The Mary Queen of Vietnam. Left the hotel at about 730am and on the way to church, Becky accidentally smacked my sun-burnt chest! I was in pain for a minute or 2, never again will this happen!
Mass was interesting and it was great to be sitting in church after a long absence from not going for about 1 year. Took a few images from the next Mass coming in as well as the churches interior. After Mass I walked over to Pho Bang Restaurant and ordered a large bowl of Pho Dac Biet (special) and a water. Then Becky came and got me and brought me back to the hotel where I passed out till about 12pm.

here are some pictures from the past 3 days:

No comments: